The TWF is seeking an outreach and marketing specialist to join our team working to protect and improve water quality in our area lakes and streams.
The Tippecanoe Watershed Foundation is a non-profit organization that has worked since 1997 to protect, preserve and improve the water quality of our local lakes and streams. Together with our supporters, board, staff and partner network we fulfill our mission by identifying and stopping sources of pollution, collecting accurate information on the health of our lakes and streams, and empowering the public to be good stewards of our water resources through education and outreach. Please visit our website to learn more about what we do and how we do it TippecanoeWatershed.org.
People often describe you as “passionate”, “talented”, “driven”, “innovative”, “helpful” and “sincere”. You are self-sufficient, detail-oriented and possess the ability to work independently and with a team. You are an outstanding communicator possessing excellent writing and speaking skills. You are a continuous learner. You are committed to protecting and preserving the environment, especially our water resources. You might have a degree in marketing, communications, public affairs, journalism, or commensurate professional experience.
The job we need you to do:
- Engage in education, outreach and marketing activities in support of water quality
- Support, promote and market the ClearChoicesCleanWater.org program and projects
- Work with the Executive Director and outreach & marketing committee to develop a marketing plan, identify priorities and report on activities
- Produce marketing and public relations materials to translate water issues and science to the public, lake residents, and farmers – and to promote the programs and work of TWF – including newsletter articles, news releases, brochures, fact sheets, flyers, fundraising letters, videos, annual reports, signs, promotional items, business recognition program and exhibits/displays
- Identify and engage partnership and volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate TWF’s presence at community events
- Maintain and expand TWF’s social media presence and website
- Give presentations to community groups
- Organize and facilitate public meetings to obtain community input
- Assist with organization fundraising including grant writing
- Assist with developing and leading educational, fundraising & outreach events
- Become familiar with TWF’s history, mission and key issues and integrate those into on-going communications and relationships with partners and the public.
The outreach and marketing specialist reports directly to the Executive Director. This job involves flexible hours to include working after hours, evenings and weekends. It is the practice of the Tippecanoe Watershed Foundation in all aspects of employment, to treat all persons without discrimination based on race, religion, color, political affiliation, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, sex or age.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, two (2) professional references with contact information and samples of relevant work products demonstrating how your traits, expertise, experience and skills match the job responsibilities and qualifications to telwf@@kconline.com. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.