Help Wanted - Youth Philanthropy Mentor
The Community Foundation of Whitley County, Inc. is looking for a part-time Youth Philanthropy Mentor to guide our student led HANDS Foundation. If you "get" teens, embrace philanthropy, have a brain to pick, an ear to listen and can nudge in the right direction, this contracted position could be a great fit. Responsibilities include:
- Commit to helping young people bring about positive change in their community.
- Intentionally empower HANDS members with decision-making abilities so that they learn to take responsibility for, and make their own decisions.
- Create a diverse, inclusive team atmosphere within the HANDS organization.
- Act as the liaison between members of HANDS and Community Foundation staff.
- Assist HANDS members with annual grant applications for funding which include outcomes measurement and reporting.
- Coordinate grant recommendations, CFWC Board approval and subsequent grant agreements and awards.
- Facilitate the Charitable Champions program by interfacing with key partners to the program.
- Strive for effective meeting management through training and planning.
- Attend, and be prepared for all HANDS meetings (typically once a month, September-May.)
- Attend retreats and other training opportunities with HANDS members that will strengthen their skills in leadership and philanthropy.
- Provide orientation for new HANDS members and their parents.
Send resume to: CFWC 400 N. Whitley St., Columbia City, IN 46725 or e-mail to email@example.com